This water fillable 50 lb Abba Patio base aesthetically appealing, sturdy, functional, and very durable. It will be an ideal choice for a residential or commercial market patio umbrella, be it on your patio, deck, yard, poolside, and so on, looking great.
Buy it if you need a 50-pound stand for your Abba Patio market umbrella with a pole diameter of 1.5″- 2″ or any other umbrella brand. It will work with a patio table set or freestanding (only for very small umbrellas)
Details and specifications
|Ideal for||Up to 11 feet market umbrella with a pole diameter of 1-1/2″- 2″|
|PID or model number||APFBASE59C and APFBASE59B|
|Color||Black and brown|
|Material of construction||Recycled plastic and a Tiger Drylac powder-coated steel pole|
|Weight||50 pounds filled with water. Use additional weights if you need stability.|
|Dimensions||23.4 in diameter and 14.6 inches high|
What we like
- This abba patio umbrella base is water and weather-resistant material, i.e., it is made with a wear-resistant and UV protected recyclable plastic and heavy-duty steel pole that is powder-coated to ensure it doesn’t not rust, chip, or peel.
- Features a sturdy or strong construction with a hand knob that will firmly hold your umbrella pole.
- Decorated and aesthetically appealing.
- Easy to assemble. Just follow the instructions provide in the manual.
- Very portable once you drain the water.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Hose or wipe it.
- Like any other plastic, don’t expect this abba patio base to have a very long lifespan and may be vulnerable to heat or damage by a sharp object.
- The base will take a bit of your legroom.
- Its low weight isn’t ideal for free-standing umbrellas, especially in windy areas.
What are users saying?
“This base not only looks great but is broad enough and heavy enough to hold our umbrella up in moderate winds. Our umbrella is free-standing, and this base keeps the pole perfectly vertical as the bracket is well made and more effective than the previous bases we’ve had. The tapered design is less bulky than other “heavy” bases reducing the risk of tripping.” Amazon.co.uk
“This was a great buy. It’s very sturdy and looks beautiful under my glass patio set. The last one we had kept moving was plastic and not very strong. this one stays in place and looks great.” Verified Purchase Overstock.com
“So far doesn’t hold an umbrella unless absolutely any wind.” Amazon.com
If you have a smaller umbrella you use with a table, this base can perfectly support up to 10 feet umbrella. It will serve you well for a very long time.
However, if you use it as a standalone (free standing), consider investing in additional weights. An excellent choice will be Gravipod 18″ Round Umbrella Base Weight Bag, which adds up to 85 more, or the Abba Patio Round Umbrella Base Weight Bag that will add 50 more pounds.