Abba Patio Square Steel Wheeled Free-Standing Umbrella Base is an excellent choice for people with market umbrellas in high-traffic residential areas like your backyard, lawn, patio, or garden or commercial spaces, thanks to its ultra-thin design. You can use it alone or together with a patio table with an umbrella hole.
This Abba Patio umbrella base is sturdy, great looking, has wheels for moving it, and two tubes each with two knobs for holding -1/2″ and 1-7/8” umbrella poles including your market Abba Patio umbrellas.
Details and specification
|Ideal for||6′ – 11′ market patio umbrellas whose pole diameters 1-1/2″ or 1-7/8”|
|PID or model number||APBASE6060|
|Material of construction||TIGER Drylac powder coating steel|
|Dimensions||Measures 24L x 24W with 13-inch pole height inches for 1-1/2″ diameter umbrella pole, and 13.7 inches for the one with 1-7/8″ diameter pole|
|Extras||In build-in wheels and two securing hand-turned knobs|
What we liked
- The base has an ultra-thin, and low-profile design leaves plenty of room under the table a will and will not appear obtrusive or obstructing even when used as free-standing.
- Stability and versatility. The base is stable and will not topple easily. Also, you receive two tubes measuring 1-1/2″ and 1-7/8″ to ensure it secures umbrellas with a small and larger pole diameter well with the two hand-turned knobs. You don’t want a one size fits all design or something that ends up slanting when the wind blows.
- Its alluring and attractive TIGER Drylac powder coating finish will ensure your it doesn’t peel, chip, corrode, or rust – makes it UV, water, and fade resistant, .
- Built-in small wheels make moving your umbrella from one place to another very easy.
- Strong and durable all-steel construction.
- Depending on the conditions of use, it may rust if you place it near water areas for a very long time.
- The wheels don’t work well as they screech when moving them and require a smooth surface.
What users are saying
“This is a really nice stand; I was impressed with the finish’s quality and the color looks great. It comes with two adapters for different size umbrella polls, and the wheels make it very easy to move around. Very heavy, so it does a great job holding the umbrella. I move it from my patio to the front of the house base on where the party is… “Amazon.com
“Lousy product. Rusted after less than a year. I could not get the umbrella out of the stand. When the umbrella broke, had to trash the entire assembly.” Wayfair.com
“The stand itself holds my 10′ rectangle umbrella in howling winds and does great! The wheels aren’t really all that functional as they screech and drag across my patio, but all in all, the base is awesome.” Amazon.com
Anyone with a small to a medium umbrella for use with a patio table will find this base a great pick. It will not topple and will give your guests a lot of space to place their legs. If you have a larger umbrella, opt for the Abba Patio Square Steel Wheeled Free-Standing Umbrella Base, 78 lb with similar features.
On the other hand, if you intend to use it on a free-standing umbrella, include weights if your umbrella is above 7 feet. Something like Abba Patio Round Umbrella Base Weight Bag or Gravipod 18″ Round Umbrella Base Weight Bag will ensure it stands strong winds.