The 78 lb Abba Patio square steel-wheeled free-standing base is a perfect choice for the 6′ – 11′ market patio umbrella you use in your high traffic residential or commercial patios or garden (it’s ultra-thin) You can use it as a free-standing umbrella for smaller umbrellas, up to 8 feet, or with those that go through your outdoor table.
Buy this Abba Patio base or stand today and give your outdoor décor a super sleek and modern look that you and all guests will admire while giving them all the comfort they want.
Details and specification
|Ideal for||6′ – 9′ Market patio umbrellas.|
|Pole diameter||Has two tubes, one that will hold a -1/2″ and the other one 1-7/8” pole.|
|PID or model number||APBASE6060WI|
|Material of construction||Steel with a powder-coated finish in bronze.|
|Dimensions||24L x 24W inches base with 13 inches and a 13.7 inches tube for a 1-1/2″ and 1-7/8″ pole diameters, respectively.|
|Extras||Two built-in wheels for easy moving|
What we liked
- Aesthetically appealing brown powder coat finish that makes the base UV, rush and fade resistant. Also, it will not chip, peel, rust or corrode easily.
- Unlike brands with thick and obtrusive base, this brand has an ultra-thin low-profile design that will not take much room for your legs, i.e., it doesn’t obstruct your legs.
- The base has a double hand turned knobs that will secure your umbrella in place nicely as well as two tubes for holding two different pole diameters. You don’t have to use a large tube for a small pole.
- It has built-in wheels for moving it from one place to another being a weighty base.
- Heavy and doesn’t topple even in windy conditions.
- The base is easy to assemble
- The wheels do help in moving it but are not very efficient.
- While most haven’t noted it, a few verified buyers have pointed out that the base tends to rust after some time, making it not suitable for a paved place.
What are users saying?
“This stand is very good for the price. The base plate is made of steel, and it is powder-coated. The stand seems like it will hold up. Because of its shape and the placement of the wheels, it is a little difficult to roll around. On a rough surface, this would be even more difficult. But the wheels on it are better than nothing.” Amazon.com
“I love this stand. Yes, it’s a bit pricey, but after buying less expensive stands in the past and being driven crazy by the umbrella’s constant slanting, I am SO happy with our perfectly upright umbrella. It can also be incredibly windy where we live, and this stand stays put. The wheel feature isn’t really convenient when you have the umbrella in as it makes it difficult to angle and engage the wheels, but thankfully, ours stays primarily in the same position. Highly recommended.” Amazon.com
Investing in this Abba Patio Umbrella base that is good-looking, wear-resistant, heavy, portable, and very strong Abba Patio base is a wise choice for people with up to 11 inches through the patio table umbrella. However, don’t forget to close your umbrella when not in use or during a storm.
If you want to use it on a free-standing umbrella, it will work for up to 9 feet umbrella. However, if you live in a windy area or have a larger umbrella, you don’t have to buy another stand. Just buy some weights. Abba Patio Round Umbrella Base Weight Bag (55 lb) or one by Gravipod will do the job.
Finally, while it has all the best features, we don’t recommend using it near a poor since frequent wetting may cause rusting.