This water-filled market patio umbrella base or stand with a total weight of 55 pounds will work well with umbrellas with 38mm or 48mm pole diameter. It will look great in your residential garden, patio, porch, swimming pool, deck, or even in commercial spaces.
Table of Contents
Details and specification
|Ideal for||Market patio umbrellas and half market patio umbrellas|
|Pole diameter||38mm or 48mm.|
|Material of construction||High-Density Poly Ethylene and a steel holder|
|Weight||About 25kg (55 lb)|
|Size||18-inch (46.5cm) diameter|
|Overall height||About 13.5″ when with the holding pole|
What we liked
- This Sunnyglade patio umbrella base is made with durable material, i.e., high-density polyethylene (HDPE) is weather-resistant and sturdy. Expect many years of service.
- It features an anti-skid design to ensure it doesn’t keep shift while in use.
- This stand is easy to assemble, use, clean, and maintain. When not in use, drain the water and store it.
- The large diameter (20-inches) makes it very stable
- May not be so usable during winter unless you decide to fill it with sand.
- Some users have noted that it is not so durable, sways, and it tends to bulge when filled with water.
- Large and overwhelming
What users are saying
“We were looking for a sub-$100 solution for a stable umbrella stand for our new 9-foot rectangular patio umbrella. This stand looked decent enough and seemed like it would provide enough weight (when filled with water and sand) to keep the umbrella upright in the wind. So far, so good. The stand looks a little less glossy in person, which matters not to us since it gets the job done. It’s fairly easy to reposition even after it’s filled by using the folded umbrella as leverage to kind of tilt and roll the whole thing along with the patio.” Amazon.com
“Bought in June of 2018. Filled it up with water. The bottom bulges out, so it’s not flat on the ground. Tipped over so many times, it broke my umbrella. Let the water out and stored in the garage for winter. Filled it up with water to use. Now it leaks. Too late to return. Worthless piece of garbage!”
“If you live in an area with any gusty winds, you will need to fill it with sand for more weight. I filled mine with water to try it out, and my 6.5×10 rectangular umbrella has already fallen over twice… WHEN IT WAS CLOSED. Also, keep in mind water will freeze during winter in some areas that get cold enough. Filling mine with sand today, I hope it helps.” Amazon.com
Sunnyglade Heavy Duty 23L Round 20″ Water Filled Patio Outdoor Umbrella Base Stand is an affordable, excellent quality, and heavy-duty stand to buy. It will work best with up to 11 feet umbrella when used with a table. It doesn’t have enough weight for standalone use as it will topple in case of wind gusts.